• Determination of nursery requirement of Cheura introduction under mid hill conditions of Himachal Himalayas.
• Development of nursery techniques for mass production of Kaphal.
• To study the suitability of Cheura plantation under good site conditions inmid Himalayan region of Himachal Pradesh.
• To study initial performance of Kaphal plantation in mid Himalayan regions of Himachal Pradesh.
• Kaphal seeds collected from various seed sources of HP and germination and survival testing trials are under observation in nursery conditions.
• Cheura seeds collected from Lohaghat, Champawat district of Uttarakhand showing remarkable germination results but survival is affected due to frost in the winters.